Friday, February 26, 2010

St Clare's College...

So i'd just like to make a short recount of my expeditions today on our trip to Canberra for a 'leadership' based event held at St Clare's college in Canberra...

Early morning as my alarm sounded...won't bore you with the usual morning routines...Redbull in hand I left the house with Jess...

I'll just fast forward the bus trip...usual singing etc...

Well we got there...to St Clare's and their enormous campus...Was greeted by them very nice St Clare's girls...easy on the eyes if you know what i mean ;)

I'll skip all the boring talking bits and pieces...but one thing i'll have to comment on was a very odd teacher who when asked to say something about the bible passage that stood out to them said...

wait for it..."when"...wtf?

So pretty much while all the teachers nodded in agreeance (probably to avoid looking ignorant)...whilst all the senior students present shook their heads in confusion...and those students from the same school as that teacher hung their heads in shame...later they apologised for her...was very funny :)

During a break...I was feeling pretty anti social only hanging around the guys from Carroll...but after Mr MacAteer talked to us for a bit...i decided to get out of my comfort zone and try my luck with some of these girls...which there was an abundance of :)

So i scanned the large room...looking for the (i know this sounds shallow) hottest group of girls i could see...and startin walking towards them...taking my mates by surprise...

I assume they thought i was going to stop and comeback to them...but i was determined :| Sweaty palms and the a slight nervous feeling gripped me...

I made my self known with a simple "Hey, How's it goin?"..."My names Anthony"...which was greeted by a few more questions of where i was from...and they introduced themselves...although i couldn't remember their names for the life of me...was just nice to prove my friends wrong and get out there...

I subtlety scanned the room for my friends and they shot glances and smiles at me as the looked in astonishment at what i was doing...i felt pretty proud of myself and i think that feeling turned itself into confidence as i continued to 'make small talk' with the girls...which i later found out were all in Yr 12...

I felt a little intimidated :) After i realised that i ran out of things to talk about...i decided to leave..."It was very nice talking to you all, i'm gonna go head over there...cya later"...

I went back to my friends to hear what they had to say...i was enjoying my day :)

There was another group activity before the day concluded... I like my group...everyone seemed to have input which i really liked...and one particular, Sophie, seemed to be a natural leader :)

each group presented their work...and i got her email :) (for the record i wasn't the only guy that though she was hot, Jono also did...so i'm not just makin this shit up)

And that was the end of that :)




No comments:

Post a Comment